DAY CAMP COUNSELORS
We have openings at the Westside Jewish Community Center for Camp Counselors in our 2015 Summer Day Camp program. These seasonal positions are available for 10 weeks starting June 8th-August 14th. Our caring and enthusiastic counselors participate along with campers in a variety of activities: swimming, outdoor activities, crafts, drama, sports and nature.
• Attendance at mandatory orientation June 8th-June 12th
• Provide quality customer service at all times
• Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
• Help each participant meet camp goals established for camper development
• Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities
• Assist in teaching or leading activities as needed or as assigned
• Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures; apply appropriate behavior management techniques
• Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
• Maintain good attendance
• Follow all camp rules and regulations
• High School graduate
• Previous camp or childcare experience essential
• Auditory, visual, ambulatory, cognitive, communications and physical ability to complete major tasks at camp
• Ability to relate to and communicate with one's peer group, parents, as well as to campers' age and skill levels
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Ability to assist in teaching an activity; specialized knowledge required for sports, gymnastics and arts camps
• Ability to assist campers in emergency situations; including fire, evacuation, illness or injury
• Good character, integrity and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self control
• Past Judaic experiences/knowledge preferred
• Current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification preferred
TO APPLY, CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK
DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Position Open: Director of Early Childhood Education
Hours: Full Time
Includes some evening & weekend hours
Compensation: WJCC offers a competitive compensation package.
Benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, program discounts, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Starting Date: Winter 2015
Westside Jewish Community Center seeks an ECE Director with expertise in early childhood education and management oversight. Our preschool has been celebrated for building a strong sense of community, with an emphasis on Jewish values, through its over sixty years. Our present learning approach is developmental, serving children from 2 years old until transitional kindergarten.
The ECE Director will be the central leadership figure for our preschool community and a key member of WJCC’s management team. The ideal candidate will be innovative, energetic, collaborative, and a lifelong learner. The ECE Director will guide a change process that will take the school forward and meet the needs of a diverse demographic and a growing and rapidly evolving JCC. We are looking for a Director who blends expertise on best practices within early childhood education with the organizational and collaborative skills necessary to manage a diverse staff in a dynamic setting.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The primary job functions of the ECE Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a sample of a communication to parents, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DILLER TEEN FELLOWS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Diller Teen Fellows is an immersive experiential education program for incoming 10th and 11th graders designed to inspire and promote leadership among Jewish youth. This International program began in San Francisco 18 years ago and has since expanded to include 10 North American communities, a growing number of international communities, and an equivalent number of Israeli communities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation and the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, it is operated in Los Angeles by the Westside Jewish Community Center. Over the course of the 15 month fellowship, Diller Teen Fellows focus on:
Currently, Los Angeles is offering this program to its 8th cohort of teens. Each year, twenty Diller Teen Fellows are selected and paired with twenty Diller Teen Fellows in Tel Aviv. The two groups participate in a parallel curriculum which includes:
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
DESIRABLE PARTICULAR QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
This is an exempt, time-limited, full-time position. Compensation and benefits package will be negotiated depending on experience.
The Diller Coordinator’s full-time employment at Westside JCC will commence on September 1, 2015. A generous stipend and all travel expenses will be provided for staffing the Israel trip and any related preparatory work from July 1 to August 4, 2015.
The Diller Coordinator reports to the Assistant Executive Director.
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.