Position Open: Director of Teen Program & the JCC Maccabi Experience
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Includes some evening & weekend hours
Salary Range: $37,000-$39,000/year DOE
Full WJCC benefits, including employer paid medical/dental & retirement plan
Starting Date: Winter 2015
Overall Responsibility: The Director of Teen Programs and the JCC Maccabi Experience is responsible for providing professional planning, direction, supervision & administration for the JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest and all other teen programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Director will:
• Coordinate all aspects of the JCC Maccabi Games® and ArtsFest® programming, including overall budget, marketing, recruitment of athletes and coaches, scholarship program, tryout and practice logistics, athlete registration, managing relationships with volunteer coaches, orientation and sendoff meetings, parent communication, year round Jewish educational programming and travel plans.
• Attend the JCC Maccabi Games (8 - 16 days of summer travel), attend the JCC Spring Delegation Head Meeting (3 - 9 days of travel).
• Plan the JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest banquet celebration.
• Plan and develop further expansion of teen programs and services for youth in grades 7-12.
• Develop sound professional relationships with teens and their parents.
• Engage and supervise part-time staff and volunteers to support teen programs.
• Work collaboratively with other WJCC departments, community agencies and other Jewish Youth Directors in program development and leadership.
• Collaborate with other teen programs that meet at WJCC, such as BBYO, to plan and promote programs.
• Collaborate as a member of the overall WJCC staff management team.
• Develop and coordinate summer teen program opportunities with the Day Camp Director, including the Counselor-In-Training Program with WJCC’s preschool.
• Maintain Teen Program section of the Westside JCC website, facebook page and twitter account.
• BA/BS preferred
• Substantial knowledge of Jewish traditions and values.
• Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Independent judgment, initiative and strong planning, organized, budgeting, & administrative skills.
• The person in the position is expected to be innovative, imaginative, and provide a positive role model for teens.
• Experience working with teens strongly preferred.
The Director of Teen Programs and the JCC Maccabi Experience reports to the Assistant Executive Director.
To apply please email a cover letter & resume to email@example.com.