Terms and Conditions
Westside JCC Membership Terms and Conditions
If you would like to download a PDF of our Terms and Conditions, click here.
Sign up & Start up
- Membership at Westside JCC requires a minimum 12 month commitment.
- Membership is for one continuous year from the month you join and will auto-renew annually.
- All memberships are processed through Westside JCC’s online membership portal, operated by Donor View. We do not send monthly bills. You have the option to pay in full or monthly. If you choose the monthly option your credit card will be charged immediately and then automatically on the same day that you sign up every month. Memberships are on an annual basis regardless of payment plan selected.
- Members paying annually are offered a discount based on the level of membership.
- All new memberships will have an additional one-time activation fee of $30 at the time of sign up. The activation fee is non-refundable.
- Memberships may be activated and renewed in person at Westside JCC’s membership office, during normal posted office hours.
- For your convenience we accept checks and cash payments, at our front office, for memberships paid in full annually, but we do NOT accept cash or checks for memberships on a monthly payment plan.
- If any of your personal information (i.e. address, phone number, email address, checking or credit card account) changes during the course of your membership please inform us.
Membership Level Details
- The Family Membership level is limited to ONLY (2) adults & includes children in college under the age of 23 (proof required).
- Senior and Senior Couple level of membership is available to anyone 65 years or older (proof required).
- Young Adult membership is available for individuals 18-26 years old (proof required).
- The Single Adult membership is available for individuals 27-64 years of age (proof required).
- Your membership level is set for one year. If you wish to change your membership level, it can be adjusted with written notice 30 days prior to your annual renewal date.
- Westside JCC Memberships are for a one year term. Member is responsible for payment of all dues and charges for the entire length of their annual membership. Such Memberships MAY NOT BE CANCELLED prior to the end of the initial membership period (1 year term) except as provided within the cancelation provisions.
- Membership dues are not prorated due to holidays and/or closures.
- Refunds are not offered for nonuse of the facility.
- Memberships cannot be put on hold for ANY reason.
- Memberships are non-transferrable.
- Failure to pay on time may result in a late fee of $30.
- There is $10.00 replacement fee for a lost or damaged membership card.
- Westside JCC reserves the right to increase dues from time to time on no less than 30-day advance written notice to the Member.
- Any member failing to abide by Westside JCC policies may be subject to membership suspension or termination. The Executive Director, as authorized by the Board of Directors, has the final decision regarding any problems or disputes.
- Westside JCC reserves the right to suspend or terminate the membership or privileges of any member for failure to comply with rules and regulations, for any conduct we determine to be improper or contrary to our best interest, or for nonpayment of dues or other charges for a period greater than 30 days. Terminated members remain liable for all dues or other indebtedness incurred prior to and during the suspension or termination and are not entitled to a refund to any fees, dues or charges paid.
- Tournaments, events, repairs or maintenance of some facilities and /or other occurrences may make it necessary for Westside JCC to restrict the use of one or more of the facilities or to close the Center temporarily.
- Westside JCC does not have reciprocal membership agreement with any other JCCs.
- Members paying monthly wishing to cancel their Membership must submit such request in writing. Westside JCC will consider cancelation with written notice at least thirty (30) days prior to the next monthly payment or the expiration of their annual term.
- Cancellation Upon Death Or Disability. If by reason of death or disability, the member is unable to receive all services for which the member has contracted, the member and his/her estate shall be relieved from the obligation of making payment for services other than those received prior to death or the onset of disability, and that if the member has prepaid any sum for services, so much of such sum as is allocable to services the member has not taken shall be promptly refunded to the member or the member’s personal representative upon request. “Disability” means a condition which precludes the member from physically using the facilities and the condition is verified by a physician.
Your Westside JCC Agreement
In becoming a member of Westside JCC:
- I agree to abide by the policies, rules and regulations of Westside JCC. I also agree to conduct myself appropriately, and consistent with those policies, rules, and regulations. This would include, but not be limited to, not damaging or destroying Westside JCC property, following proper safety precautions and practices, not engaging in any criminal conduct, fighting, harassment, or other conduct deemed inappropriate by staff under the circumstances (including physical and verbal abuse of any person including participants or staff).
- I understand that I may not be able to register or participate in Westside JCC programs if my membership is not current.
- I will be prepared to present my membership card each time I use the Center.
- I understand that Westside JCC provides parking to members and the public while participating in activities within the facility. I will park at my own risk. In parking I am accepting the liability for me/and my family’s property.
- I give permission for my child(ren) to participate in all Westside JCC activities. In the event that I cannot be reached, I hereby give permission to Westside JCC to act on my behalf to have medical treatment administrated to my child(ren) in the event of an emergency. I understand that I will be fully and directly responsible for the cost of medical attention.
- By participating in a Westside JCC program, I hereby grant Westside JCC and its legal representatives the irrevocable right and unrestricted permission to use and publish photographs or video images of me and/or my children, or in which we may be included, for any purpose authorized by Westside JCC, including but not limited to: website use, social media, editorial publications and advertising use. This grant includes the right to modify and retouch the images in the discretion of Westside JCC. I understand that the circulation of such materials could be worldwide and that there will be no compensation to me for this use. Furthermore, I understand that I will not be given the opportunity to inspect or approve the finished products or the advertising copy or the printed matter that may be used in connection therewith. In granting this position to Westside JCC and its legal representatives, I am fully and without limitation releasing it from any liability that may arise from the use of the images. I understand that if I do NOT want my name or image, or that of my child or family member, to be published I must submit a written letter to Westside JCC stating this, along with a photo or photos of the individual(s) concerned.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in Westside JCC activities and to use the facilities, including but not limited to the Aquatic Center, and equipment, I accept all RISK to me, my family, my employees and representative. I release Westside JCC from any and all liability for any and all claims and causes for action for loss or damage to me/and my family’s property and for any and all illness and injury to my person or to my family member, including death that may result from or occur during participation in a Westside JCC activity.
- I further agree to indemnify and hold Westside JCC and its representatives harmless from liability for the injury or death of any person(s) and damage that my result from my (or my family’s) negligent or intentional act of omission while participating in any activity.
- I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, and have actual authority to, and do hereby enter into this agreement and release on behalf of all participants listed on my application.