HOME ABOUT HOURS & FEES L.I.T. PROGRAM SPECIALTY CAMPS
Thank you for your interest in working at JCAMP at Westside JCC. We are now accepting applications for Summer 2017!
As a member of the staff at JCAMP, you will have the opportunity to be a role model for campers and to have a powerful influence on the camp community. At the same time, you will be able to develop important life skills while having the summer of your life! Our staff is a dynamic group of individuals committed to building an amazing summer experience. Staff members provide a stable and caring environment for our campers all summer long. They maintain a commitment – first – to the needs of the campers and then to the camp (before their own).
We expect that all staff members will display a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Working at camp can create intimate, intense relationships. Staff teams work best when each person is caring, responsible, respectful and supportive of others. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees, no matter the position. But while the work at camp can be very demanding, it also very fulfilling. Training is provided at the start of the summer season, and is ongoing throughout the summer.
- Desire and ability to work with children in camp setting
- Ability to relate to one's peer group
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Desire to change behaviors as necessary to continue growth in position and role in Camp
- Be of good character, integrity and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Well-developed sense of responsibility, good judgment, common sense
- Must be adult role model of responsible, mature living
- Must have understanding of the potential, characteristics and issues of young children
- Must be sufficiently mature to guide impressionable campers through their time at Camp
- A parental attitude. Must respect the feelings of both children and their parents at all times
- Be responsible for the needs of the campers, your fellow staff members and yourself
- Be safety conscious at all times
- Provide fellow staff members with your support
- Maintain strong lines of communication with all other staff members
- Have fun!
- Behave appropriately and maintain proper decorum
- Be an exemplary role model of Jewish living
- Be actively engaged with campers, as opposed to just watching them
- Be on time and participate in all assigned activities
- Dress appropriately for activities, at all times adhering to the Camp dress code
Please keep in mind the following as you complete the staff application:
- We require the following pieces of information which you should have on hand:
- The names, addresses, phone numbers, and email address of three references (new staff only).
- The dates you are available for work at camp
- You may begin the application, save your work, and log-in at a later time to complete the application. Please remember to complete and submit your application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirming that we have received the application. Once we have received your completed application, we will be in touch with you in the near future to schedule an interview.
For more information, please email Edana at email@example.com