Classes and Lectures
Wednesdays, April 19th - June 7th
12PM - 3 PM at WJCC
A lively 8–week workshop exploring varied approaches to drawing, painting, and collage. Open to all levels. Basic materials included. Instructed by Leslie Zurla.
- Explore the use of various artistic media; ink, pastel, acrylic painting and collage as individual mediums and/or combined in a single composition.
- Learn techniques and approaches, which will enhance your projects.
- Experienced students are requested to bring basic materials with which you are most familiar, such as: a sketch pad (50 LB paper recommended– size optional), pencils, acrylic paints, water colors, brushes, pen and ink, pastels or colored pencils.
- We will expand material options and resources as we progress. Additional material costs may apply
MEMBER : $70
GENERAL : $80
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Relief (MBSR) and Mindfulness Self Care (MSC) are complimentary approaches.
- MBSR is noted for reduction in stress and anxiety by working with perception and encouraging a meditation practice.
- Research has demonstrated the effectiveness of MBSR for working with day-to-day stressors as well as difficult life situations.
- Both MBSR and MSC help reduce stress levels. MSC does not require a formal meditation practice works by addressing emotions.
- Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling yet find it difficult to do so for ourselves.
- Research supports that offering compassion to ourselves and to others is a two way-street which when practiced enhances personal, familial and professional relationships.
MINDFULNESS - BASED STRESS REDUCTION
Wednesdays, February 15th - April 5th
8 meetings, one full day long retreat
Saturday, March 25, 8:30 AM - 3 PM
MINDFULNESS - SELF COMPASSION
Wednesdays, February 1st - April 5th
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
8 meetings, one 4 hour retreat
Sunday March 5, 1:30 - 5:30 PM
**No class on March 22 and includes one full hour retreat Sunday, May 65th, 8:30 - 3 PM
Led by Noah Hass - Cohen Psy.D
In the Berch Lounge
General Community Price : $ 450.00
WJCC Member Price $ 360.00 (Call 310-450-1821 for Rate)
For more information, please visit insightLA.org (programs)
or email email@example.com
***For more information please contact our Front Office at 323.938.2531